Alberta’s immunization program is now underway, offering influenza and COVID-19 vaccine, free of charge, to all Albertan six months of age and older.
Alberta Health Services (AHS) will offer vaccine through public health clinics to:
- Children six months of age to under five years of age and their family and household members.
- Individuals who do not have a provincial healthcare number.
- Individuals who live in a community where there are no other immunizing healthcare providers.
- Individuals with booked appointments for other immunizations.
Albertans can also get immunized at:
- Local pharmacies. Available for Albertans five years of age and older. Check to confirm vaccine availability.
- Doctors’ offices. Some doctors are offering influenza and COVID-19 immunizations. Check to confirm vaccine availability.
Based on eligibility and availability, Albertans may be able to get both vaccines during the same appointment.
"When you and your family get immunized, you’re protecting yourselves and helping to build your community’s defense against influenza and COVID-19,” says Dr. Kristin Klein, Lead Medical Officer of Health for Communicable Disease Control with AHS. “By protecting yourself, you also help protect your family, friends, communities, at-risk Albertans and our healthcare system.”
To learn more and to book an appointment, visit ahs.ca/vaccine, call 811, or text ‘flu’ or ‘COVID’ to 88111.