Here's some information on how you can be sure your vote is counted this election day! The polls open at 9:00AM on Monday, May 29th so be sure to get out there and vote!
What do I need to vote?
In order to vote, you must prove your identity and your address. You will need one form of Government issued photo ID including your full name, current address and photo or two pieces of ID containing your full name and your address.
One-piece identification can be a driver’s license or identification card.
Two-piece identification can be the following:
- Government issued ID
- Privately-Issued Identification
- ID from a Financial Institution
- ID from a Health Care Provider
- ID from an Educational Institution
- ID from a Religious Institution
Electors can be vouched for by another elector in their area if the voucher has one-piece or two-pieces of identification.
Where do I vote?
- Red Deer- Westerner Park’s Festival Hall
- Lacombe- Lacombe Memorial Centre
- Blackfalds- Blackfalds Community Centre
- Ponoka- Ponoka Stampede Stagecoach Saloon
- Clive- Clive Community Hall
- Rimbey- Peter Lougheed Community Centre
- Innisfail- Innisfail High School
- Bentley- Blindman Valley Ag Centre
- Sylvan Lake- Fox Run School
You can enter your location here other municipalities and locations.
Who is running?
At our Alberta Elections page, you can find candidate profiles for most candidates in the Lacombe-Ponoka riding as well as the lists of candidates for other local ridings.
When can I vote?
You can vote at any voting location from 9:00AM to 8:00PM.
When will I know the results?
The ballots are counted by tabulators and Elections Alberta will be updating results shortly after polls close. You can check LacombeOnline.com for updates in local ridings including Lacombe-Ponoka, Red Deer North, Red Deer South, Innisfail-Sylvan Lake, and Rimbey-Rocky Mountain House- Sundre.
Stay tuned to our radio station, Sunny 94 or keep updated on LacombeOnline.com.