Building permit values decreased in September, with 92 approved permits valued at $5.5 million, compared with 112 permits issued in September 2022 worth $9 million.
Year-to-date values remain lower in 2023, with current values at $73.8 million compared with $138.2 million last year.
Notable permits include:
- Building permit for construction of an elevator to serve existing hotel at 110-3310 50 Avenue, valued at $795,000;
- Building permit for exterior renovations to existing building at 3430 50 Avenue, valued at $690,729;
- Building permit for replacement of self supported fabric structure at Civic Yards, 7721 40 Avenue, valued at $617,584;
- Building permit to construct hair salon with retail sales at 110-500 Timberlands Drive, valued at $300,000;
- Building permit to construct new detached dwelling with attached front garage and rear deck at 37 Thorkman Avenue, valued at $202,768.
**with information provided by The City of Red Deer