On Oct. 30, 2023, Officers of the Wetaskiwin RCMP Crime reduction Unit were making patrols when they observed a known repeat offender with outstanding warrants walking in the area. Officers approached the suspect who fled on foot. The suspect ran into a local grocery store and was arrested inside.
Upon searching the suspect and a backpack he was carrying RCMP seized:
- Over 200 grams of suspected methamphetamine
- Over 30 grams of suspected fentanyl
- Other items associate with trafficking in a controlled substance.
RCMP have charged Wetaskiwin resident Tyler James Pluim with:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (x2)
- Possession of Proceeds of crime
- Assault Peace Officer
- Fail to comply with release order.
Pluim was taken before a justice of the peace and remanded into custody. His next court appearance date is set for Nov. 21, 2023, at the Alberta Court of Justice in Wetaskiwin.