In September 2023, Red Deer RCMP General Investigation Section (GIS) initiated a drug trafficking investigation within the City of Red Deer.
As a result of the lengthy investigation, a search warrant was executed on Nov. 2, 2023, at a residence in the Lancaster neighbourhood. The search led police to locate various controlled substances in differing quantities, as well as firearms, weapons, and other property related to the production and sale of controlled substances. Some of the items seized by police were:
· Cocaine, acid, methamphetamine
· 500 pills of Oxycodone
· A shotgun, 2 rifles, a stolen semi-automatic handgun
· 3 tasers
Tristyn Rawlins, a 25-year-old resident of Red Deer, and Simon Emmerson-Williamson, a 22-year old resident of Red Deer, were arrested and charged with the following offences:
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking Cocaine.
• Possession for the Purpose of Trafficking other controlled substance.
• Possession of anything used to produce or traffick in controlled substances.
• Possession of Restricted Firearm
• Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm/Prohibited or Restricted Weapon x6
Following Judicial Interim Release Hearings, Rawlins and Emmerson-Williamson were released from custody. Both are scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 30, 2023 at the Alberta Court of Justice in Red Deer.
Red Deer RCMP are committed to keeping our communities safe. Anyone with further information is asked to contact the Red Deer RCMP at 403-406-2200. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), online at www.P3Tips.com or by using the "P3 Tips" app available through the Apple App or Google Play Store. To report crime online, or for access to RCMP news and information, download the Alberta RCMP app through Apple or Google Play.