There are only a few more days until December which means many families will be on the hunt for the perfect Christmas Tree. This year’s drought could mean, there are fewer trees to choose from in local communities.  

However, you can pick your own tree out on crown land if you apply for a Personal Use Forest Product Permit (PUFPP). You are eligible for a permit if you are in good standing with the Crown relating to land use, a resident of Alberta, and at least 18-year-old. The permit is good for up to 30 days.  

You can find an area to locate a tree and apply for a PUFPP by clicking this link.  

Map of eligible tree cutting areas. Image courtesy of the Government of Alberta