At the October 3rd Red Deer City Council meeting, the following decisions were made:
Consolidation of Capital Jobs Re: SCBA Compressors (approved)
- Administration asked Council to approve the consolidation and deferring of budget items in relation to the purchase, installation, and partial completion of the connection of electrical services for the Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Compressor system at the Emergency Services Training Grounds.
- There was no additional budget needed.
Council Recognition Policy (tabled):
- Administration proposed an update to the Council Recognition Policy to provide more consistency and reduce the overall cost. The policy suggested a reduction in the incoming recognition amount and an increase to outgoing recognition amount – but resulting in an overall reduction in cost.
- The Council Recognition Policy is to formally recognize Council for their service at the time of their election and upon their departure from Council.
- The item was tabled and will come back to Council within 30 days with more information on total budget, and items for recognition.
**with information provided by The City of Red Deer